Error 3170 is a financial exchange related error that appears when duplicate names in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop POS are found. Error code 3170 an error from 3000 series of errors that has several different errors related to the vendor and customer in the application. As suggested by Intuit, there are three different ways how you can fix this error. In this article we are going to list the primary reasons and quick solutions to resolve QuickBooks POS error 3170 so follow the complete article until the end.
If you are new to QuickBooks Desktop POS and don’t know how to resolve the errors on your own, then dial (844)-932-1139 and get in touch with our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now
Reason for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error Message 3170
There are not several reasons that triggers error message “Status code 3170: There was an error when trying to modify a vendor/customer list element”. The only reason that triggers error code 3170 in QuickBooks is the presence of duplicate names in QuickBooks Desktop and POS application. Let’s discuss the solutions that can be implemented to fix the error in a short time.
Here’s How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 3170
Solution 1: Go Through the Activity Log in QuickBooks Desktop POS
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from the Customer section click Customer List.
- Right click the header for the column and click Customize Columns.
- Now you need to select QB Status and then finally select the QB Status header to sort the list.
- At this step you need to look for the names of the customers whose status is showing Not Posting or Error Status.
- You need to follow the same process to identify the names in the Vendor’s list.
Solution 2: Make Changes to the Duplicate Name Entries Found
- Go to the Customer Center from the Customer section and if you want to edit the names in the vendors section, then click Vendors and select Vendor Center.
- Open the Activity Log and right click the name of the customer or vendor that you want to edit.
- Click Edit and add some additional text or number at the end of the name.
- Click OK to save the changes and try to run the financial exchange reports once again to check if the error is now resolved.
Solution 3: Merge the Names that you have Changed
- In the customer or vendor center double click the name that you have edited.
- Remove the additional text that you have added in the previous solution.
- Click OK to save the changes and when QuickBooks prompts you to merge the names click Yes.
In case, if you are still unable to resolve the error and need an expert to walk you through the troubleshooting steps, then dial (844)-932-1139 and get immediate assistance resolving QuickBooks error 3170.