QuickBooks connection has been lost is a popular error which many QB users face while accessing the company file. This error displays the message “ The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be reentered”. This error occurs mainly when the storage device is disturbed, and the company file’s data is damaged.
We have come up with this blog to address this issue. We request you to go through the blog carefully so that you can troubleshoot this error by yourself. However, in case you find any difficulty while resolving this error, you can seek technical support from our QuickBooks expert. They will fix this error for you on call. You can call us at our TFN (844)-932-1139.
Causes of the error “QuickBooks connection has been lost."
- The company file is on another system or on an other mobile device and storage device connection was disturbed.
- Power management has activated the sleep or hibernation mode in the system, which is storing the company file.
- Multiple computers have been configured for hosting the QB company data.
- If the systems which is in multi user installation are running different versions of QB.
- The company file is damaged.
Best Troubleshooting techniques for wiping out “QuickBooks connection has been lost”
There are various solutions to this error. But we will explain the simplest tool so that you can execute it by yourself.
- Ensure that hosting is enabled on the computer that stores the company file.
- If the QuickBooks application is installed on the computer:
- At first, you need to Open QB.
- Then, Choose File > Utilities:
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access appears on the screen, that means hosting is enabled and you can move ahead with the next step.
- If Host Multi-User Access comes on the menu, choose it to enable hosting on this system and move ahead with the following step.
If the QuickBooks application is not launched on the system :
- Click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager icon in the Windows system (or choose Start > All Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager).
- Select the Database Server tab.
- Check if your company file displays in the window next to Currently connected company files and logged in users. If it does not appears, click on the Scan Folders tab and choose Help for info about adding the company file.
- Minimize the QBDBSM(QuickBooks Database Server Manager) window.
Note: Do not Close or don't click on X in the top right corner of the window. Both will close the application, and file hosting will stop.
In this blog, we tried to address “QuickBooks connection has been lost”. We hope that information shared by us will be useful to you, and you will be able to fix the issue by yourself. However, if you find any difficulty in resolving this error, you can call our QB experts at our TFN (844)-932-1139.